Your card machine, or “terminal”, is the device that allows you to accept credit and debit card payments face-to-face. We offer a range of machines designed to suit the way your business operates.
All of the card machines in our current range allow you to:
- Use both Chip & PIN and magnetic stripe methods.
- Accept contactless payments.
- Print receipts quickly and easily.
- Track and analyse payment data with online reporting tools.
- Get technical support from our Helpdesk when you need it. (01268 567 100, Monday to Saturday 8am-12pm, Sunday 9am-5pm).
Types of card machines
If you always take payments right at the till, a countertop card machine is just what you need. With countertop machines, you have three connection options:
- Shared phone line between your phone and your card machine(s). This option means you can't use your phone and your card machine at the same time.
- Separate phone lines for each card machine and your phone. This provides a faster process than a shared line and won't prevent you from receiving calls during transactions. However, sharing a line between two card machines means you won't be able to use both devices simultaneously.
- Broadband machines, which offer an even faster connection and don't require a dedicated phone line. Your card machine simply plugs into your router.
Portable Bluetooth machines
If you want to accept payments throughout your premises, a Bluetooth machine offers the portability you need. The handsets are wireless and work within about 70 metres of the base unit. This method is ideal for businesses that offer table service, such as pubs, cafes and restaurants.
Portable mobile SIM machines
If you want to accept payments in a number of locations outside your business premises a mobile terminal may suit your needs. A mobile GPRS network connection allows your machine to work similarly to a mobile phone. It has a SIM card and doesn't require a phone or broadband connection, so you can use it on the go. This method is ideal for selling at events like conferences and tradeshows. It’s also perfect for those who sell outdoors, such as food truck, farmer’s market and coffee stand vendors.
We provide, through our authorised third parties, different types of card machines to suit the way you trade—whether that’s a standard terminal that sits on a countertop, or a handheld mobile device.
Use the table below to compare machines and decide which will work best for your business.