Here are the six things you need to do before you apply for Lloyds Bank Cardnet:
- Get a business bank account. To set up your Lloyds Bank Cardnet merchant account, we'll need your business bank account sort code and account number. You don't have to bank with Lloyds Bank.
- Have your start date ready. It's worth allowing 10-15 working days from the date of your application for your Lloyds Bank Cardnet account to be set up.
- Complete your business plan. To make sure we set up the right facilities, we like to see a recent business plan and financial forecasts showing how you plan to grow or sustain your business.
- Know your turnover. Lloyds Bank Cardnet is suitable for all types and sizes of business, but makes most sense if you're taking at least £1,000 in card transactions per month.
- Be prepared to trade securely and be compliant. Businesses accepting cards must comply with mandatory card industry security standards known as PCI DSS. We have an online portal where you can certify your compliance, or, if you are not already compliant, there is an online tool to help you become validated (subject to payment of a fee).
- If you want to trade online, please have all the information required available. You will need to link our card acceptance facility with your website and integrate with your chosen Payment Service Provider (PSP). The PSP in this instance can be Lloyds Bank Online Payments from Lloyds Bank Cardnet or a 3rd party PSP of your choice.
If you’re ready to apply, fill out our enquiry form and a Cardnet representative will get in touch.
You can also all us on 0345 60 44 635 (new customers Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or 01268 56 7100 (existing customers Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm) to start your application process over the phone.